Shining Bright since 1993
The Solo Competition was founded in 1993 and run by the Ballarat Calisthenic College until the closure of the club in 2005. It then became a Committee run, not for profit competition.
In 2005 we returned to the original spelling of our wonderful town by adding the “aa” to the name Ballaarat.
The Solo Competition provides a platform for Graceful and Calisthenic soloists from 8 years of age to display their talent. Our competitors come from all over Victoria, South Australia & Queensland. In 2016, saw the return of Duos to our comp.
In 2017 we celebrated 25 years of the Solo Competition at Wendouree Centre of Performing Arts, which has been the “home” of competition since 2007.
- Convenor: Julie Wiseman – 20 years’ service
- Social Media & Child Safety Officer: Rebecca Garlick – 15 years’ service
- Minute Secretary: Sharyn Kennedy – 7 years’ service
- Treasurer: Shannon Pepperell – 5 years’ service
- Assistant Treasurer: Rebecca Norris – 13 years’ service
- Sponsorship: Andrea Thorpe – 7 years’ service
- General Committee: Gayle Ellen – 13 years’ Service
- General Committee: Marlee Wallis – 10 years’ service
- General Committee: Kelly Dawe – 3 year service
Honour Roll – Volunteer Service Awards
2007 to 2018
Life Member (2017)
Julie Wiseman and Bec Garlick
Sharon Mason, Rebecca Norris, Kylie Mason, Vicki Brown, Dawn Harrington, Sandra Fishwick, Kerryn Gledhill, Bec Gatens, Louise Brooks and Andrea Brown
Gayle Ellen, Barb Howes, Claire Thorpe, Penny Harris