Thank you for choosing to participate in the Ballaarat Solo Competition.
Competitions are required to report to the Registrar in the foyer 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- To withdraw prior to the competition weekend please contact Julie ~ 0417 390 599
(If NO answer please leave a message or send a text message.)
- To withdraw during the competition please text the above number or email email@example.com. Do not call as we may be in the theatre and wont' be able to answer.
Failure to notify us of your withdrawal 24 hours prior to your scheduled performance will incur a $25.00 fine under the CV ruling (as listed in the CV Solo Rules)
Refunds will be handled via Calisthenics Victoria.
As per standard competition procedure, music is uploaded ahead of time. Please bring a backup of your music on a usb stick. There is no provision to use CDs.
Blackouts are available for all sections, however there will be no lighting.
Will be available for pick up from the registration desk after the end of the section. There may be a slight delay as there is paperwork that we need to complete prior to handing these out.
- Founders Theatre - Back curtain is available for entry and exits.
- Phoenix Theatre - Back curtain is available for entry and exits.
Coaches are required to report to Registration and present their current card to collect their complimentary entry pass for the session in which their student is competing. Passes will only be issued to the coach listed on the entry form (a list of eligible coaches is available at the desk). You will need to show ID to receive your pass.
A free ticket will be issued to only one listed coach per dancer. Additional listed coaches can purchase a discounted ticket for $10.
A coach with no student competing can purchase a discounted ticket at a child price (upon presentation of a VCCA registration card).
Please Note Coaches: That you will need to show your VCCA Teacher Registration on your Mobile phone to receive the discounted ticket or free entry pass, even if we know who you are please do the right thing and show your valid card. If you do not show us your registration you will have to pay full price.
Programs will not be placed on our website prior to the competition. These will be available on the day for a small cost.
For your guests to come to watch (competitors will receive a free pass for the session they are competing in only): Just a reminder also that even if your Mum is putting you on Stage (unless she is a Coach) she will need to purchase a ticket. This will need to be purchased before going into the Dressing Room Area.
This is a venue request as we need to know where people are.
** A ticket is required for entry to the dressing rooms and auditorium **
EFTPOS is available at our venues.
A canteen will be available at both venues.
Results * Rule as per CVI Rules
At metropolitan competitions, the following placings are being awarded:
8 or less competitors
- At least 2 remain unplaced
- 1st, 2nd 3rd
- HM & HC - No equals
9 or more competitors
In sections of 9 or more
- must leave at least 2 unplaced
- 1st - 3rd , No equals
- HM, No more than 2
- HC, No more than 2
15 or more competitors
- Special Mention may be awarded at Adjudicator's discretion. Maximum of 2 No points announced - does not have to be next down points from HC
- May be awarded up to and including 13 years (Juniors)
NO Parents or Coaches can be side stage when the Adjudicator is on the stage giving results. Only Technicians and official of the Ballaarat Solo Comp will be permitted side stage.
Results will be published throughout the competition on our Facebook and Website.
- Competition is supposed to be fun
- The competitors are children
- The Adjudicators are entitled to their Opinion
- The Helpers are all Volunteers
- It is equally important to know how to win well
- As well as lose well