Lastest news on the Coronavirus in regards to our competitions.
The 2020 Ballaarat Solo Competition, along with all other metro competitions, has been suspended.
This decision was made by Calisthenics Victoria in line with the current advice from the Department of Health and Human Services and the Victorian Government recommendation to cancel non-essential activities, such as sporting events.
Calisthenics Victoria. March 17, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Solo Competitions
Calisthenics Victoria is committed to the health and safety of our community, and we thank you for your patience and support as we navigate the rapidly changing situation around coronavirus (COVID19).
After close consultation with solo competition convenors, as well as the latest advice from the Victorian Government to cancel non-essential activities such as sporting events, we advise that effective immediately, metro solo competitions in the 2020 season have been suspended. This decision is based on the current advice from the Department of Health and Human Services.
While we understand this will be disappointing for our passionate community, we appreciate your understanding that these decisions have been made with careful consideration of the interests of not only the calisthenics community, but the wider Victorian community. We must play our part in reducing the spread of this virus.
We ask that our members continue to support one another, particularly our performers as they experience changes to their daily lives, and encourage our community to stay active and connected through all available means, whilst practicing social distancing.
We will be working with clubs to provide further advice regarding club events and classes.
As per our previous correspondence:
- Solo/duo entry fees from any competitions that do not take place will be refunded in full for the Cali Vic State Championships VCCA Coaches Awards and a minimum of 70% for local solo/duo competitions. Please be patient as we work through this process.
- Any payment for photography and/or videoing will be refunded in full for all solo/duo competitions that do not take place.
- Any competitions that are scheduled during the period of suspension will not be rescheduled.
- If the situation changes, we will resume the solo competition season based on the existing schedule for 2020.
Calisthenics Victoria will continue to monitor Government advice and maintain contact with stakeholders, and we will continue to update members as required. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
-> download this Calisthenics Victoria News Release
Calisthenics Victoria. March 13, 2020
Calisthenics Events and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The health and safety of our community is our top priority at Calisthenics Victoria.
With the rapidly evolving situation around coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been monitoring information and advice from the State and Federal Governments, World Health Organisation (WHO) and local health authorities around the clock to stay abreast of the latest developments.
At the time of writing this News Release, the status of coronavirus (COVID-19) is at ‘pandemic’ with outbreaks now recorded worldwide.
We have been working with solo convenors and other key stakeholders to manage the risk to our community. At this stage, as part of our risk assessment strategy, we are preparing for the worst-case scenario and want to advise you ahead of time to prepare you, our members. If the worst-case scenario was to happen the following agreements have been made with our solo convenors:
If advice is given from the government to cancel public gatherings and/or venues become unavailable for hire and/or schools across Victoria are closed with a blanket approach, Calisthenics Victoria will cancel solo competitions effective immediately upon that advice.
Please note that:
- Solo entry fees from any cancelled events will be refunded in full for the Cali Vic State Championships VCCA Coaches Awards and a minimum of 70% for local solo/duo competitions.
- Any payment for photography and/or videoing of cancelled events will be refunded in full for all solo/duo competitions.
- Cancelled competitions will not be rescheduled.
- Once government advice allows the resumption of public gatherings and our venues become available for use, we will resume the solo competition season based the existing schedule for 2020.
At the present time we will continue as we are, with reminders to our community around increased personal hygiene and seeking medical advice if you are unwell – but it is important to note that the situation is changing every day and we may need to action our plans for cancelling events in the near future. For further information on coronavirus (COVID-19) please go to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website.
We will continue to work with the health authorities and inform you of any updates as soon as they are available.
-> download this Calisthenics Victoria News Release
Calisthenics Victoria. March 11, 2020
Calisthenics Victoria are continuing to follow the current advice of the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services in relation to the Coronavirus health alert. Classes and solo competitions are not affected at this stage and we will provide updates to clubs, competitions and the general community as required.
Visit the Government websites below for current information, resources and prevention advice.